|Message to Current Clients - from aPrivateTalk.com
Thanks for allowing aPrivateTalk to help in the past. We value the trust you have placed in the aPrivateTalk.com service, and we welcome you back!
If we have updates or other information we need to get to you quickly, we will post it to this page, where it is easy for you to find. We�ll also be using this page for books we�d like to suggest.
Quick Link To add time to your account � Please click here to go to the page.
Current clients have only 2 steps to complete:
The Staff at aPrivateTalk.com
- Add time to your account for Chat, Email, or Telephone sessions. Click Here. Chat and Telephone are for a minimum of 60 Minutes to begin. Email sessions may be selected for 30 Minutes or more. You may want frequent sessions to begin, and then as you get to know your therapist (and they get to know all about the problem you need help with) you may chose to have sessions once a week or so. The frequency is up to you.
- Send your session to AFN.aPrivateTalk@gmail.com if you have chosen email sessions. If you have chosen Chat or Telephone, please write to us at AFN.aPrivateTalk@gmail.com to let us know a good day and time for you to meet. We�ll write back with any additional information we need to give you, or with further details to arrange a time to meet.
An Old Book Revisited
Stop driving yourself crazy by holding onto irrational beliefs. From Don�t Believe it for a Minute by Lazarus, Ph.D. and Fay, MD
These are Truths Some People Take a Long Time to Believe!
- Recreation is NOT a Waste of Time � It�s Critical for Balance in Your Life
- You're NOT Better Off When You Can Control Other People
- It's NOT Healthy to "Blow Off Steam" at the Expense of Others
- Family and Friends Don�t Have to Love You No Matter How You Act
- Kindness Will NOT Overcome Unkindness � Don�t be a Victim
- Sometimes it is Needed to Say Things That Might Hurt Others' Feelings
- Perfection Should NOT Be Your Goal � It Slows Down Your Personal Growth
- Don�t be afraid to say YES, you always retain the option to change your mind
- Ultimatums do NOT Settle Disputes � They Increase Distance in Intimacy
- Total Honesty is NOT always the Best Policy � and Timing is Important Too
- Inconsiderate Relatives and Friends do NOT Deserve the Silent Treatment
- You Can NOT Achieve "Anything You Set Your Mind To"
- If You Want Something Done Right, Do It Yourself -does NOT promote team work
- When Things Go Wrong, do NOT Look for Someone to Blame
- Punishment is NOT Good Discipline � It Requires Education
- Do NOT Keep Your Feelings to Yourself � Or You�ll Feel Even More Alone
- First Impressions do NOT Tell You What People Are Really Like
- Your Parents' Approval is NOT Most Important � Your Approval Is
- Success and Money do NOT Lead to Happiness � Relationships Do
- Once a Victim, Always a Victim Thinking Can be Changed
- Admire Your Own Qualities to Show Self Love To Others and Yourself
- Criticism is NOT a Good Way to Correct People's Mistakes
- Be Selfish; Putting Others First Conveys You are Worth-Less
- Your Spouse Won�t Always Love Your Parents and Family
- We All Do NOT do Our Best When We Have High Expectations
- It is NOT Important to Be Liked By Everyone
- Problems do NOT Go Away If You Ignore Them
- If You Play, You do NOT Have to Always Play to Win
- Do NOT Have Definite Rules for Yourself and Others
- Someone Who Truly Loves You Does NOT Know What You Need
- Insults Are NOT Bound to Be Upsetting � Only When You Believe Them
- Being Hard on Yourself is NOT Good for You
- An Apology Does NOT Always Wipe the Slate Clean
- To Change You do NOT Need to Understand the Reasons for Your Behavior
- Do NOT Cover Your Mistakes; The Important Thing is to Grow by Them
- You Won't Go Right If You Follow Your Gut Feelings � They are Often Wrong
- Life is NOT Always Fair � Make it The Best That You Can
- Happily Married People Do Have Sexual Feelings for Others at Times
- Be Flexible - Your Word is NOT Your Bond and Sometimes Needs to Change
- Suffering and Hard Work do NOT Build Character
- aPrivateTalk.com makes no financial profit from the sale of books we recommend.